Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shell Game

There is a convenience store across the street from my apartment. Behind the register is a photograph of the manager. I wish I could somehow convince the midnight-to-six clerk to sell me the photo, or if someday my life hits the skids I can just hold the place up and take the picture, too. Neither of these things have happened yet. But anytime I see the photo, or the woman herself, I cannot help but think of this.
 

Which makes it very hard not to laugh. She is a nice woman, I have nothing against her personally, and I guess it is kind of mean to be pointing this out, but screw it. You don't know who she is anymore than I know who you are. If you did, I might feel bad about sharing this. Such is the beauty of the internet. She is quite gruff, and at times seems to affect a country accent. I think that's what lead to me picturing her with Berenstain Bear feet.
So as you may well imagine, it's becoming hard to look this woman in the face. I guess I could walk up the street to the 7-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment